Vermilion Skating Club is a volunteer based, not-for-profit club that provides Skate Canada programs instructed by professional, certified coaches. Dedicated parent volunteers are vital and are the foundation to which the club flourishes. We also strive to provide affordable registration fees to all skaters and require some fundraising to make this possible.
- Skaters will be required to sell two books of raffle tickets. Ticket books will be paid for before they are picked up by the skater.
- A bond cheque for $150/skater postdated to December 12th, 2019 is to be handed in before your child will be considered fully registered and permitted on the ice. This ensures your assistance in the fundraiser.
All parents will:
- Assist in the preparations, set up, clean up, or execution of Carnival.
- Bring in a donation item for the raffle table at Carnival. (This can be a donated item from the skater's family or a local business.)
Parents will complete one of the following to consider their volunteer requirements met:
- Assist during the Fun Skate.
- Help out at the bottle drive.
- Serve on the Vermilion Skating Club executive in one of two open positions: fundraising chair or web designer. Contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in an executive position.
A bond cheque for $150/skater and postdated for March 1, 2020 is to be handed in before your child will be considered fully registered and permitted on the ice.
*Bond cheques can be handed into the registrar or another executive member on the first day of skating or dropped off at the organizational day in September at Lakeland Mall. Cheques can also be dropped off with the registrar, Jana Sen. Contact for drop off at 780-787-7076.
*Please note that if any volunteer or fundraising requirements are not fully met by March 3, 2020, your bond cheques will be cashed.